Attap church in 1885

These stops would therefore seem to linked to having the reason for the name ‘visitation’ by which the later came to be known. On a piece of land secured by Fr. Letessier through negotiations with the authorities, an attap chapel was erected sometime between 1883 or 1885 and dedicated to Our lady of the Visitation. With the establishment of the chapel, visits by Fr. Letessier to Seremban were more frequent. The chapel was believed to have been named Visitation more out of reference to Fr. Letessier’s stops than the deference to our Blessed Mother’s visit to her cousin Elizabeth.