New Church building

1889It was only in 1888 that Seremban saw it’s first resident priest, Fr. Peter Perrichon who assumed office as Parish Priest of the Visitation Church. In that year there was just one baptism were reported. In the ensuing three years 37 more baptisms were reported. Fr. Perrichon remained in the parish for four years. In 1892 Fr. Hector Letessier assumed responsibility as the Parish Priest and served for three years before handing over to Fr. Antonin Catesson in 1896 who remained in Seremban till 1904. In 1899 Fr. Catesson built a new Church with funds secured through a fund-raising drive among the miners in Broga near Lenggeng in Negeri Sembilan.